Klaire Labs Ther-Biotic Infant Formula
Ther-Biotic Infant Formula
-A multispecies probiotic formula to meet the special needs of infants.
This high-potency, hypoallergenic blend of 5 Lactobacillus species and 5 Bifidobacterium species is designed to safely meet the metabolic and intestinal support needs of infants up to the age of 2 years. All Lactobacillus species in Ther-Biotic Infant Formula produce predominantly L(+)-lactic acid that can be safely metabolized by infants. An infant’s gastrointestinal tract is not fully mature at birth and cannot metabolize the D(-) isomer of lactic acid produced by many lactobacilli. Each species in Ther-Biotic Infant Formula has been selected based on the scientific literature documenting its safety and crucial importance to the normal development of an infant’s gastrointestinal and immune systems. Ther-Biotic Infant Formula is designed to support a normal infant microflora that can be easily disrupted by cesarean section delivery, formula feedings, antibiotics, toxin exposures, and a maternal diet lacking in fresh fruits and vegetables.
Ther-Biotic Infant Formula is available in a high potency powder providing 10+ billion CFUs per 1/4 teaspoon. Ther-Biotic Infant Formula powder can be mixed with expressed breast milk, formula, or solid food at room temperature as appropriate.
• L. rhamnosus increases colonic B. breve populations and promotes healthy bifidobacteria diversity in infants. L. rhamnosus is important for the normal maturation of an infant’s immune system.
• L. casei is critical for the proper differentiation of immune dendritic cells as the infant’s immune system learns to distinguish between harmless antigens and toxins and pathogens. It increases the number of intestinal cells secreting IgA. L. casei contains enzymes that facilitate the break down of milk proteins and polypeptides as well as gluten.
• L. paracasei produces high amounts of L(+)-lactic acid and antagonizes pathogens such as rotavirus, Staphylococcus aureus, and Clostridium difficile.
• L. gasseri is native to the human gut and normally present in human breast milk. It produces hydrogen peroxide and bacteriocins inhibitory to Clostridium, Listeria, and Enterococcus.
• L. salivarius normally colonizes the intestinal tract, enhances calcium absorption, and promotes normal intestinal barrier function.
Specific Bifidobacterium species are normally predominant in an infant’s gut microflora and constitute 95% of the anaerobic bacteria cultured from the stool of healthy, breast-fed infants. Ther-Biotic Infant Formula contains species that are appropriate to an infant’s gastrointestinal tract. Bifidobacteria ferment an array of oligosaccharides including those found in breast milk generating the vital short-chain fatty acids such as butyrate, which are essential to healthy colon maturation and function.
• B. breve promotes growth of B cells in Peyer’s patches in the ileum. It antagonizes rotavirus and reduces intestinal populations of anaerobic Bacteroides and Clostridium.
• B. infantis is normally found in infants and its presence reduces the risk of necrotizing enterocolitis in premature or low birth weight babies.
• B. lactis enhances normal immune function by increasing numbers of total, helper, and activated T cells. It modifies gut microflora to support against allergic inflammation and increases IgA response to toxins.
• B. bifidum suppresses total and allergen-specific IgE secretion and its populations are often low in infants with allergies.
• B. longum regulates the immune response to respiratory antigens and inhibits neutrophil elastase, which is important to normal innate immune functions.